It’s a great feeling be able to look back over last year to see how we were able to serve those in communities. We developed a culture of caring and service at Consumer Cellular for the simple fact that it can dramatically benefit the lives of individuals everywhere, not to mention our own.
Our employees give back in hundreds of ways to make a very real difference for others. In 2015 alone, they did the following:
- Donated more than 2,000 volunteer hours.
- Donated 331 pints of blood, which could impact 993 lives.
- Participated in local charity race events, raising $18,776 for breast cancer awareness.
- Donated $14,336 in school supplies to local teachers and students.
- Collected 36,756 pounds of food in our Fill the Bag canned food drive, supplying more than 28,274 meals.
- Participated in 16 food bank events and spent over 500 hours packaging food.
- Provided more than $3,000 in holiday gifts to those in need with our Giving Trees program.
Locally, our employees made a big impact with our Local Charitable Giving program. Each quarter they donated $5,000 to small organizations in our community. These groups are chosen by our employees, and by the end of the year $60,000 was given to 30 deserving groups. These efforts provided ways for us to learn about and assist smaller charities that make a big difference.
And, on behalf of our customers everywhere, our company was proud to contribute $2 million in 2015 to the Knight Cancer Challenge with the hope to end this horrible disease, one that touches all of our lives.
Looking into 2016, we look forward to seeing how else we can positively impact you and your loved ones, too. Giving back keeps us all connected.