Did you just get a new device? Perhaps switching from an Android to iPhone, or vice versa? Whatever the case, transferring thousands of pictures, videos and other files may seem like a daunting task. But rest assured; we will go over some methods that will make this process
an afterthought. Before we get started, make sure you follow these steps in order to ensure that this process will go smoothly.
- Make sure your battery is at least 75% battery charged: The higher, the better. Data transfers can cause your phone to warm up and drain the battery faster, so having a sufficient charge is important.
- Secure a stable WiFi connection: Optimal data transfer requires a strong and steady WiFi signal.
- Verify data size: Check if your new device has enough storage for all the files being transferred. If not, consider organizing and managing your old phone’s files beforehand to determine what to keep, store externally or delete.
Android to iPhone Data Transfer:
Transferring data from an Android to an iPhone is made simple using a program from Apple called Move. Transferring data wirelessly is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Start with iPhone, tap on “Move Data from Android.”
- On your Android, open the Move to iOS app.
- Your iPhone will show a one-time verification code, which you will input in order to start the transfer process.
- Leave your phones alone, the transfer process is occurring and cannot be disrupted.
iPhone to Android Data Transfer:
For those who are looking to leave their iPhone in lieu of an Android, you can either use a Lightning to USB-C cable or wirelessly through the “Switch to Android” app. Just follow these steps to transfer your data:
- Connect your iPhone and Android together via a cable or use the Switch to Android app.
- From your Android you are going to select what files and content you’re looking to transfer over, whether it is contacts, photos or messages.
- Your data will now transfer over, do not touch the cable or the devices during the transfer process.
Using Google Drive, you can back up your old device and then download the uploaded data onto your new device. We hope that these steps have been informative and helpful. You can take a look at our devices to find the right one for you. If you are experiencing any issues, feel free to give our amazing customer support team a call at (888) 345-5509. Alternatively, you can contact Apple and Android for additional assistance.