If you’re considering switching to Consumer Cellular and wondering if you can keep your phone number, let us provide some reassurance. In short, yes! It’s not only possible but really quite simple to move service over to Consumer Cellular while holding onto the number you’ve used for years.
The process of switching to Consumer Cellular and carrying over your phone number may vary slightly depending on where you live and your old service provider. However, in general, you can follow these five tips for a successful transfer:
- First off, do not cancel your existing cellular service right away—your phone number must remain active during the transfer process.
- When you’re ready to set up your new Consumer Cellular account, you’ll want to refer to an invoice from your existing provider. Having it on hand will make it easy to relay all the key information from your old account, including the account number, account holder’s name, billing address, and any password or PIN.
- To start your number transfer, give us a call at (888) 345-5509, and we’ll be happy to assist. You can also sign up on our website where our checkout process will walk you through plan options, invite you to select a device, and prompt you to answer questions including, “Keep your existing phone number?” Simply select “Yes” before adding to the cart and checking out.
- For your convenience, your number transfer will automatically be started 7 days after your phone ships.
- Once the number is transferred to Consumer Cellular, it should automatically be disconnected by your old service provider—you may want to call them to confirm.
Be aware that if your number is tied up in a contract, you may be charged an early termination fee by your old service provider.
In addition to hanging onto your old phone number, most people can also keep their phone when switching to Consumer Cellular. Click here to learn how easy it is to use a SIM card to keep the smartphone you know and love while making the switch to savings and award-winning customer service with Consumer Cellular.
Have questions or want to get started now? Give us a call today at (888) 345-5509. We look forward to welcoming you to Consumer Cellular while keeping your phone number. And we’ll do all we can to make the transfer as quick and streamlined as possible.