The earbuds that came with your iPhone do more than let you listen. Apple has built into them several fun features. Surrounding the right earpiece cable, you’ll spot a thin white piece with three little buttons and a microphone. Apple calls this The Control Capsule. With it you can easily adjust the volume, play music or videos, check your voicemails, and of course answer or end calls on your iPhone.
Here are some of the ways your earbuds make life a little easier:
- Use the center button to pause or play a song.
- Tap the center button twice to skip a song.
- To go back to a previous song, tap the center button three times.
- If you receive a call, tap the center button to answer, then tap again to hang up.
- If you want to ignore a call, hold down the center button. You’ll hear two beeps that confirm the caller went to voicemail.
It’s always a good idea to lower the volume before unplugging the earbuds. Then you won’t blast your ears with decibel overload. No one wants that!