Consumer Cellular, the exclusive wireless provider for AARP members, is making its no contract, affordable wireless phones and plans available in nearly 800 Sears stores nationwide.
Under the agreement, Sears will offer three Consumer Cellular mobile devices. Available for purchase are the following easy-to-use cellphones: br>
- Motorola WX345: Includes a 1.8" display, 2.0 MP digital Camera, MP3 player and FM radio. This phone retails for just the price of activation, $34.99.
- Doro PhoneEasy 410 (available in burgundy): Provides an easy-to-read color display, large buttons, backlit keypad, vibrating ringer and Bluetooth technology. The PhoneEasy 410 is offered at $59.99, which includes a one-time activation fee.
- Nokia C3: Features a full QWERTY keyboard, large display, photo and video camera and offers up to seven hours of talk time. The Nokia C3 is available for $79.99, including a one-time activation fee.
Cellphone accessory kits are also offered for $14.99. Available for each individual device, kits include a car charger as well as a protective leather cellphone case.
"We are thrilled to have our phones and plans available at one of America’s leading retailers,” said John Marick, Consumer Cellular CEO. "Both Sears and Consumer Cellular believe in putting customers first and building consumer relationships. By partnering with Sears, we are able to offer potential customers across the entire country a hands-on experience by giving them the opportunity to try our devices before they purchase.”
All Consumer Cellular devices and wireless plans, including those offered through Sears, include the following features: br>
- Competitively priced nationwide calling plans serving most consumer needs – from casual to frequent cellphone users
- No long term cellphone contracts
- Affordable calling plan pricing, beginning as low as $10 per month
- Complimentary Usage Alerts – notifies customers before they exceed their monthly data or voice allotment so they do not incur unexpected overage fees
- No roaming or long distance charges
- Convenient monthly billing and no pre-paying
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Top-ranked customer support based in the United States
About Consumer Cellular
Consumer Cellular, the exclusive wireless provider for AARP members, was founded in 1995 on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service. The company provides its customers with simple, affordable cell phones and calling plans, guaranteed satisfaction and top-ranked customer support staff all located within the United States. Plus, Consumer Cellular customers never have to sign a long-term contract in order to start service.
The Portland, Ore.-based company is privately held and utilizes the nation's largest voice and data network, covering more than 296 million people - or 97 percent of the U.S. population. As one of the nation's leading wireless wholesalers, Consumer Cellular is able to purchase wireless service in large volumes, providing its customers with the best of both worlds: great low rates and the best cellular network available. For more information: visit ConsumerCellular.com or call (800) 686-4460.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,700 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes over 890 full-line and more than 1,350 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck is the 2011 ENERGY STAR? Retail Partner of the Year. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at http://www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at http://www.searsholdings.com.