Tips page: Motorola Bravo
Our tips are based on the frequently asked questions received by our Customer Service team.
Consumer Cellular offers a series of great tips for getting the most out of your phone.
Click a topic below to learn more! And don't forget — there are always more in our
- Data Tips
- Voicemail, Text Messaging, Wireless Web and Other Features
- Billing and Payments
- Usage Alerts
- My Account
- International Calling
- Refer a Friend
- Signing Up
One way to save on data usage with your Motorola Bravo is to connect to a WiFi network for
data-intensive activities such as viewing and sending photos, interacting with social
networking sites, streaming audio or video, using maps and navigation apps or checking the weather.
You can use your home wireless network (if you have one) or a WiFi Hot Spot in a public place, such as a coffee shop, etc. This way you can surf the net, view photos and watch videos without using data from your data plan.
To connect to a WiFi network:
- Check the status bar at the top of your display. If you see a question mark next to “My Network” that means there's an available WiFi network nearby.
- Touch and hold the status bar until the pull down drag bar appears. Drag the bar down to the bottom of your display.
- In the list of notifications, touch WiFi network available.
- You'll see a message stating a WiFi network has been detected and that you can set a preferred network if you want. Touch OK.
- Select the WiFi network you want to use. If a network has a padlock icon next to it, you'll be required to enter a password to use the network.
- Once you've entered the required information, touch Connect to use the network.