If you have questions about your phone or service, you’re on the right page. Use our Support tool to find your answer. Or, give us a call. We’re here for you.
Customer Support at Consumer Cellular: A Personal Touch
Our online customer support tool is designed to help you quickly find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. Click a button below to display the topic.
If you still need help, give our expert Customer Support a call at 1-888-345-5509.
- Voicemail, Text Messaging, Wireless Web and Other Features
- Billing and Payments
- Usage Alerts
- My Account
- International Calling
- Refer a Friend
- Signing Up
Click a link to see your answer:
- Can I use a non-Consumer Cellular phone with my Consumer Cellular plan?
- I have a non-Consumer Cellular phone. How do I set up messaging and web access?
If you are using your own phone with your Consumer Cellular plan, you can sign up for one of our Connect! plans for messaging and web browsing:
- Sign up for the Connect! service:
- Log in to My Account.
- Click "Change Services" in the box on the right.
- Select the Connect! plan that best fits your needs.
- Select “Messaging” and "Data (Web)" for the different phones on your plan. You can decide which phones receive each service. Turning off one of the services for a selected phone, or for all phones, does not affect the price of the plan.
- Click "Submit."
- Configure your phone to work with the Connect! service. Each phone is different, so you will need to refer to your phone’s user manual to find out how to change the following settings:
Service Name MMS Web Proxy Address proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com <blank> Proxy Port 80 <blank> Proxy Push Disabled Enabled Authentication Type Secure Secure Username (CSD/GPRS) <blank> <blank> Password (CSD/GPRS) <blank> <blank> GPRS access point att.mvno att.mvno Homepage http://mmsc.cingular.com http://mmsc.cingular.com
- Our Connect! service is a great deal for casual data use. However we do not offer unlimited plans for heavy data use, such as watching videos or listening to streaming audio.
- Please understand that, while our Customer Service representatives do everything they can to help solve customers' problems, they are not trained in setting up phones that do not come with the Consumer Cellular service.
- Many phones that are compatible with our service will allow you to modify the settings and begin using our picture messaging and web service. However, there are some phones that will not work. If you have difficulties we can help you select one of our affordable data capable phones that are fully supported.
- How do I set up Data for my iPhone?